To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


Does the library have a summer reading program?

The library offers a summer reading program. Please see the June 2020 Bookbeat regarding the COVID adapted summer reading program.  This free program is open to all kids for those entering Kindergarten in the fall through those who have just finished 6th grade.  

Does the library offer books on CD?

The library is now leasing books on CD from TEI landmark Audio. For further details come visit Sheri at the library

Town of Froid Office

What hours is the Town Office open?

The Town Clerk's ofice is open 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.  

Building Permits

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to the Town Clerk's Office.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

Fire Department

May I burn trash and leaves inside the town limits?

A Roosevelt County Burn Permit will need to be filed prior to burning (See document link above). The acceptance of the permit will be determined by such things as current weather conditions.  Please contact the Town Clerk's Office if you have any questions.  


When is the current garbage collection day?

Thursdays as long as the wind and weather permit. Remember, observed holidays will alter the normal routine.

Water Utilities

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

My bill is past due can I get an extension?

Please contact our office and a one-time extension will be extended to you for extenuating circumstances.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.

New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Subscribe" button located to the left and fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and then click subscribe.

Where do I go to vote?

All Town elections are conducted through the Roosevelt County Elections Office.  Please visit the Rooseelt County election page or call the Froid Town Clerk's office for locations and upcoming election information.